Understanding PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is hormonal disorder, causing enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges. The exact cause is unknown, but it is considered a hormonal problem.
Genetics and environmental factors are believed to be involved in the development of PCOS. PCOS is also negatively affected by diet & lifestyle.
At EDGE Fitness, we care for women’s health, we will be sharing some exercise and diet tips.
Like PCOS, thyroid & Diabetes is also a hormonal disease which can also be healed to certain extent with good nutrition and regular excercises.
In simpler terms, Diabetes and PCOS have alot in common. Well, both are connected with excess fat and insulin resistance. Excess fat may result in diabetes or pcos. So, by removing excess fat and improving insulin sensitivity you will actually make it easier or your ovaries to “breathe”. It is also going to take a lot of effort from your side too in the form of regular exercise and clean eating.
Below is the list of food you should be including in your diet to help eliminate PCOS:
1. Green Leafy Vegetables- Leafy veggies like broccoli and spinach contains a large variety of nutrients and minerals which help reduce inflammation in the body.
2. Blueberry- Blueberry is easily available in the local grocery market are rich in anti oxidant and it aids in increasing insulin sensitivity.
3. Cinnamon- Cinnamon helps in generating anti flammatory hormones and thus increasing insulin sensitivity , it also helps in obesity.
4. Garlic- Garlic helps relax blood vessels and increased blood flow.
5. Apples- Low in Calories and full of fiber helps combat against other free hormones.
6. Nuts- Another healthy food option which balances hormones and improves cholesterol and insulin.
7. Pumpkin seeds- Contains essential fatty acids, which regulates hormones, lowers insulin levels and prevents uneven Menstruation Cycles.
8. Eggs- Full of high protein , Eggs are also rich in OMEGA-3 fats.